Premier’s commitment to excellence has earned recognition throughout the industry and the community.
Leading environmental change
Premier won its 14th consecutive Champion for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth in recognition of our leadership in advancing environmental best practices in healthcare.
Encouraging health and wellness
- Since 2012, Premier has been named among the Healthiest Employers in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal.
- In 2016, Premier was selected as the Cigna Well-Being Award Recipient of the Carolinas.
- Premier has been designated as a Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association every year since 2013.
Growing by leaps and bounds
In 2009, Premier was named by the Charlotte Business Journal as one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies, recognized for entrepreneurial excellence and leadership in the Charlotte region.
Leading by example
Premier has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for 10 consecutive years.
Creating a happy place to work
In 2013, Premier was honored for the fifth year in a row as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine. In 2008, Premier was named as one of the Best Places to Work in the Charlotte region by the Charlotte Business Journal.
Revolutionizing healthcare technology
- In 2016, Premier earned the 2015/2016 Best in KLAS title for Value-based Care Advisory Services from KLAS, a leading research firm.
- In 2014, Premier was named an IBM Beacon Award winner for information management innovation using big data and analytics.
- In 2013, PremierConnect® was recognized with the CIO 100 award for IT innovation and excellence.
- In 2012, Premier received IBM’s CTO Innovation Award for advanced analytics in healthcare.
- From 2010-2013, Premier was named to the InformationWeek 500, a list of the top technology innovators in the nation.
- From 2002-2006, Premier won the Charlotte Chamber’s Blue Diamond Award for Best IT Product.
Setting standards of excellence
Premier received the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2006. Given by the U.S. Department of Commerce, it is the nation’s highest presidential honor awarded to organizations for quality and organizational performance excellence. Also in 2006, Premier received a Level 4 Leadership Award from the North Carolina Award for Excellence program, the only state award for performance excellence in North Carolina.
Bringing more value to our members and the communities they serve
In September 2013, Premier, Inc. became a publicly traded company, reinforcing its mission to to improve the health of communities. Senator George J. Mitchell wrote a letter of recognition, congratulating Premier on its successful IPO and continued “mission to realign our health care system to place the patient at the forefront of care…”
Recognition for Premier resources