Susan DeVore is president and CEO of Premier Inc., a leading healthcare improvement company. She and her colleagues at Premier work with 3,900 U.S. hospitals and more than 150,000 other providers to transform the industry from the “inside” by continually and measurably raising the bar for high-quality, cost effective healthcare. She has an immense passion for industry improvement and believes healthcare is personal, change is inevitable and building ahead of the future is a must. Guided by that philosophy, DeVore has led efforts that have had a lasting effect on care delivery nationwide, enabling members to bend the cost curve, save billions of dollars, improve the health of their communities, and implement the value-based payment and care delivery models that are shaping the future of healthcare.
DeVore is an industry-leading thinker who has been named multiple times to Modern Healthcare‘s 100 Most Influential People and Top 25 Women in Healthcare lists. DeVore is a regular expert contributor to CNBC, Fox News, Bloomberg, Yahoo, Health Affairs and other industry thought leadership publications. She is also the awardee of the Charlotte Business Journal’s Women in Business Lifetime Achievement award (2018), recognized as a Distinguished Alumnus, UNC Charlotte (2016), one of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business’ 100 Influential Leaders (2015) and the Charlotte Business Woman of the Year (2014). DeVore currently serves on the board of trustees of the Healthcare Leadership Council, board of the Medicare Rights Center, the UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees and the Unum Group.
In addition, under DeVore’s leadership, Premier has built an industry-leading code of ethics, been named as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere for the 11th year in a row, won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and been named four times to InformationWeek’s 500 top technology innovators in the nation.
- Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare in 2005, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare in 2004, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Becker’s Hospital Review 100 Great Healthcare Leaders to Know, 2017
- 2016 Project Sunshine Honoree
- Distinguished Alumnus, UNC Charlotte 2016
- 100 Influential Leaders by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business in 2015
- Queens University of Charlotte’s BusinessWoman of the Year in 2014
- Silver Stevie Award for Executive of the Year for Health Products and Services in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal Women in Business Achievement Award winner in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s top newsmakers of 2009, 2013, 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Who to Watch in 2012
- The Charlotte Observer’s Seven to Watch in 2011
- Named one of Business Leader magazine’s Business Leaders of the Year in 2010
- Honorable mention for Stevie Award for top executive in 2010
- Business Leader magazine’s Women Extraordinaire in 2009
- One of North Carolina’s most influential and dynamic leaders by Business Leader magazine in 2009
- Recognized by US Airways magazine for significant contributions in Charlotte in 2009
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Top 25 Women in Business in 2007