Susan DeVore is president and CEO of Premier Inc., a leading healthcare improvement company. Uniting an alliance of approximately 3,750 U.S. hospitals and 130,000 other providers to transform healthcare, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost.
DeVore is an industry-leading thinker who has been named multiple times to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People and Top 25 Women in Healthcare lists. DeVore has also been recognized as a Distinguished Alumnus, UNC Charlotte (2016), one of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business’ 100 Influential Leaders (2015), Charlotte Business Woman of the Year (2014), and the recipient of the 2014 Silver Stevie Award for Executive of the Year. DeVore currently serves on the board of trustees of the Healthcare Leadership Council, board member of the Coalition to Protect America’s Healthcare, board member, finance committee member and audit committee chair of the Medicare Rights Center, member of the Charlotte Chamber executive committee and member of the UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees. She also serves as a member of the National Academy of Medicine and the Aspen Health Strategy Group.
DeVore’s tenure with Premier has centered on driving innovation in healthcare and leading the industry through profound change by engaging stakeholders to co-develop solutions that support high-quality, efficient and sustainable care delivery models. Under DeVore’s leadership, Premier has built an industry-leading code of ethics, been named nine times as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, been named four times to InformationWeek’s 500 top technology innovators in the nation and earned the 2015/2016 Best in KLAS title for Value-based Care Advisory Services.
- Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare in 2004, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- 2016 Project Sunshine Honoree
- Distinguished Alumnus, UNC Charlotte 2016
- Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare in 2005, 2013, 2015
- 100 Influential Leaders by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business in 2015
- Queens University of Charlotte’s BusinessWoman of the Year in 2014
- Silver Stevie Award for Executive of the Year for Health Products and Services in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal Women in Business Achievement Award winner in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s top newsmakers of 2009, 2013, 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Who to Watch in 2012
- The Charlotte Observer’s Seven to Watch in 2011
- Named one of Business Leader magazine’s Business Leaders of the Year in 2010
- Honorable mention for Stevie Award for top executive in 2010
- Business Leader magazine’s Women Extraordinaire in 2009
- One of North Carolina’s most influential and dynamic leaders by Business Leader magazine in 2009
- Recognized by US Airways magazine for significant contributions in Charlotte in 2009
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Top 25 Women in Business in 2007