Susan DeVore is president and CEO of Premier, Inc., a leading healthcare improvement company. Uniting an alliance of approximately 3,600 U.S. hospitals and 120,000 other providers to transform healthcare, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost.
With approximately 30 years of experience, DeVore is an industry-leading thinker who has been named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare and Top 25 Women in Healthcare lists. She serves as chairman of the board trustees of the Healthcare Leadership Council, board member of the Coalition to Protect America’s Healthcare and board member, finance committee member and audit committee chair of the Medicare Rights Center. She also serves as a member of the Institute of Medicine’s Roundtable on Value & Science-Driven Healthcare, as an executive committee member of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, on the audit and finance committee for Adventist Health System, and is a member of the Midwest Healthcare Executive Summit.
Under DeVore’s leadership, Premier has been recognized for building an industry-leading code of ethics, has been named eight times as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and has been named four times to the InformationWeek 500 list of the top technology innovators in the nation.
DeVore obtained a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and a Master of Management degree from McGill University.
- Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare in 2004, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare in 2005, 2013, 2015
- Queens University of Charlotte’s BusinessWoman of the Year in 2014
- Silver Stevie Award for Executive of the Year for Health Products and Services in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal Women in Business Achievement Award winner in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s top newsmakers of 2009, 2013, 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Who to Watch in 2012
- The Charlotte Observer’s Seven to Watch in 2011
- Named one of Business Leader magazine’s Business Leaders of the Year in 2010
- Honorable mention for Stevie Award for top executive in 2010
- Business Leader magazine’s Women Extraordinaire in 2009
- One of North Carolina’s most influential and dynamic leaders by Business Leader magazine in 2009
- Recognized by US Airways magazine for significant contributions in Charlotte in 2009
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Top 25 Women in Business in 2007