Susan DeVore is president and CEO of Premier, Inc., a leading healthcare improvement company. Uniting an alliance of approximately 3,400 U.S. hospitals and 110,000 other providers to transform healthcare, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost.
With approximately 30 years of experience, DeVore is an industry-leading thinker who has been named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare and Top 25 Women in Healthcare lists. She serves as chairman of the board trustees of the Healthcare Leadership Council, board member of the Coalition to Protect America’s Healthcare and board member, finance committee member and audit committee chair of the Medicare Rights Center. She also serves as a member of the Institute of Medicine’s Roundtable on Value & Science-Driven Healthcare, as an executive committee member of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, on the audit and finance committee for Adventist Health System, and is a member of the Midwest Healthcare Executive Summit.
Under DeVore’s leadership, Premier has been recognized for building an industry-leading code of ethics, has been named eight times as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and has been named four times to the InformationWeek 500 list of the top technology innovators in the nation.
DeVore obtained a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and a Master of Management degree from McGill University.
- Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare in 2004, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare in 2005, 2013, 2015
- Queens University of Charlotte’s 2014 BusinessWoman of the Year
- Silver Stevie Award for Executive of the Year for Health Products and Services in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal Women in Business Achievement Award winner in 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s top newsmakers of 2009, 2013, 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Who to Watch in 2012
- The Charlotte Observer’s 2011 Seven to Watch
- Named one of Business Leader magazine’s 2010 Business Leaders of the Year
- Honorable mention for 2010 Stevie Award for top executive
- Business Leader magazine’s Women Extraordinaire in 2009
- One of North Carolina’s most influential and dynamic leaders in 2009 by Business Leader magazine
- Recognized by US Airways magazine for significant contributions in Charlotte in 2009
- Charlotte Business Journal’s 2007 Top 25 Women in Business