President & CEO
Susan DeVore is President and CEO of Premier with approximately 30 years of experience. DeVore’s tenure with Premier has centered on driving innovation in healthcare and leading the industry through profound change by engaging stakeholders to co-develop solutions that support high-quality, efficient and sustainable care delivery models.
DeVore is an industry-leading thinker who has consistently been named multiple times to Modern Healthcare's 100 Most Influential People and Top 25 Women in Healthcare lists. She recently received the Charlotte Business Journal’s 2018 Women in Business Lifetime Achievement Award, was named to Becker’s Hospital Review’s 2017 100 Great Healthcare Leaders to Know and was recognized as a 2016 UNC Charlotte Distinguished Alumnus.
DeVore currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the Healthcare Leadership Council; is Board Member of the Coalition to Protect America’s Healthcare; is a Board Member, Finance Committee Member and Audit Committee Chair of the Medicare Rights Center; is a Member of the Charlotte Chamber Executive Committee; is a Member of the Charlotte Executive Leadership Council; and a Member of the UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees. She also serves as a Member of the National Academy of Medicine and the Aspen Health Strategy Group, and most recently joined the Board of Unum Group, a NYSE-listed company, as a Director and Audit Committee Member.
Under DeVore's leadership, Premier has been named as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for past 11 years, received the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and earned the Best in KLAS title for Overall Healthcare Management Consulting.
DeVore obtained a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and a Master of Management degree from McGill University.
- Modern Healthcare’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare 2004, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Charlotte Business Journal Lifetime Achievement Award 2018
- Modern Healthcare’s Top 25 Women in Healthcare 2005, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Becker’s Hospital Review 100 Great Healthcare Leaders to Know 2017
- 2016 Project Sunshine Honoree
- Distinguished Alumnus, UNC Charlotte 2016
- 100 Influential Leaders by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business 2015
- Queens University of Charlotte’s BusinessWoman of the Year 2014
- Silver Stevie Award for Executive of the Year for Health Products and Services 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal Women in Business Achievement Award winner 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s top newsmakers of 2009, 2013, 2014
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Who to Watch 2012
- The Charlotte Observer’s Seven to Watch 2011
- Named one of Business Leader magazine’s Business Leaders of the Year 2010
- Honorable mention for Stevie Award for top executive 2010
- Business Leader magazine’s Women Extraordinaire 2009
- One of North Carolina’s most influential and dynamic leaders by Business Leader magazine 2009
- Recognized by US Airways magazine for significant contributions in Charlotte 2009
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Top 25 Women in Business 2007