- March 21, 2016
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently issued a proposed rule establishing a new mandatory payment model for Medicare Part B drugs. CMS said the two-phase model would test whether the alternative drug payment design will lead to a reduction in Medicare spending, while preserving or enhancing the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries.
Join the live webinar Monday, March 21, at 2 p.m. EDT for an overview of the proposals including:
- Geographic areas selected and trial design of the two-phase model
- Part B drug add-on payment changes starting in phase one
- Application of value-based purchasing tools starting in phase two
- Interactions with other payment policies
- Provider, supplier, and beneficiary protections
CMS is seeking comments on its proposal, which is due to the agency no later than 5 p.m. on May 9, 2016.
Marla Kugel, MPH, Principal Research Scientist, Premier Inc.
This event is open to the public.