- [Advisor Live Webinar]: Understanding the CMS EPM Cancelation and CJR Changes Proposed Rule
September 5, 2017
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This event has ended. Watch the recording here.
On Aug. 17, 2017, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a proposed rule to modify the previously published Episode Payment Model (EPM) Final Rule. Under the proposed rule, CMS would cancel the acute myocardial infarction (AMI), coronary artery bypass grant (CABG), and surgical hip and femur fracture treatment (SHFFT) mandatory bundled payment models as well as the Cardiac Rehabilitation Incentive model. Additionally, CMS proposes to modify the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) model to allow hospitals within 33 of the current 67 CJR metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) to continue participation in CJR on a voluntary basis. Hospitals within the other 34 CJR MSAs will continue to participate on a mandatory basis.
CMS plans to continue to test the CJR models for the entire five-year performance period, beginning April 1, 2016, and ending Dec. 31, 2020. CJR hospitals in voluntary MSAs will be able to elect to continue participation in early 2018. Those who do not choose to continue in CJR would end their participation in the model at the conclusion of Performance Year 2.
Join this live webinar from 2 – 3 p.m. ET on Sept. 5, for an overview of the proposed rule, including:
- Cancelation of AMI, CABG and SHFFT bundles and CR Incentive model
- Changes to the CJR Model
- Review of mandatory and voluntary MSAs
- Voluntary Opt-In Requirements and Timing
- AAPM – Clinician Engagement Lists
- Performance Year 1 Subsequent Reconciliation
- Future of Voluntary Bundling Program and CR Incentive Commentary
This free Advisor Live® presentation is open to the public.
- Danielle Lloyd, M.P.H., vice president, policy and advocacy, deputy director, DC office, Premier Inc.
- Mark Hiller, vice president, innovative solutions, Premier Inc.
- Aisha Pittman, M.P.H., senior director quality policy and analysis, Premier Inc.
Date / Time:
Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017 | 2 – 3 p.m. EDT
- Presentation slides
- Premier’s Statement on Changes to CJR, Cancellation of EPM, CR Payment Models
- Proposed rule
- CMS fact sheet
This webinar will be recorded and available after it airs under the past events section on premierinc.com/events.