- October 2, 2014
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Archived webinar: TeamSTEPPS® is a teamwork system designed for healthcare professionals by the Department of Defense’s Patient Safety Program in collaboration with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The training program teaches and maintains communication and safety culture techniques such as situation monitoring, call-outs, briefings, handoffs and mutual support. It can be the foundation to make sure every employee feels comfortable speaking up at any time and that they have the techniques to communicate quickly and clearly.
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Describe how safety culture ties to performance improvement
- Explain the fundamental TeamSTEPPS techniques used by one hospital system to improve its safety culture, starting in obstetrics and rolling it out broadly from there
- Begin assessing your hospital’s need for better teamwork
EXPERTS YOU’LL HEAR FROM
- Kathy J. Nunemacher, MSN, RN, CPN, CPHQ, clinical quality improvement coordinator, St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Courtney Kaylor, DNP, RN, MHA, CEN, Alumnus CCRN, director client services, QUEST®, Premier, Inc.
- Jeff Vawter, senior director of quality safety education and delivery, Premier, Inc.
- Cynthia Farrelly, RN, BSN, administrative director of quality services, Ellis Medicine
- Greg Winkler, RN, manager patient safety, Ellis Medicine – Quality Services
- Listen to recording