- [Advisor Live Webinar]: Sepsis Mortality Prevention to Survivorship
September 13, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This event has ended. Watch the recording here.
Sepsis is a serious public health concern around the world. Globally, over 31.5 million cases of sepsis are treated each year resulting in 5.3 million deaths per annum.
Join your colleagues as we come together on World Sepsis Day to discuss the impact of sepsis and how to prevent it.
- Medically Induced Trauma Support Services (MITSS), Inc., a national non-profit organization founded with the mission “To Support Healing and Restore Hope” to patients, families and clinicians who have been affected by an adverse medical event;
- A sepsis patient as she shares her personal story, including how she diagnosed herself as septic and the unique patient perspective she has; and
- Frederick Memorial Hospital on how they decreased mortality O/E from 1.53 down to 0.41, including having a few months with “0” mortalities.
- Linda Kenney, president/executive director, MITSS
- Rosie Bartel, sepsis patient
- Debra J. O’Connell, BSN, RN, CPHQ, manager, performance improvement; Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Madeleine Biondolillo, MD, MBA, vice president, quality and safety, Premier Inc.
Date / Time:
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017 | 1 – 2 p.m. EDT
This free Advisor Live® presentation is open to the public.
1 Todd L. Allen, MD, “Reducing Mortality from Sepsis”, Hospital & Health Networks Daily. November 14, 2013
2 American Thoracic Society 2014 Abstract 50626 and JAMA doi:10.1001/jama.2014.5804