- Free Webinar: Unique Device Identification: Implications for Hospitals and Health Systems
May 23, 2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This event has ended.
Wednesday | May 23, 2018 | 2 P.M. ET
The Food and Drug Administration’s (FDAs) unique device identifier (UDI) system will help hospitals generate supply chain efficiencies, improve patient care and reduce costs. Once fully incorporated and adopted into electronic databases used to purchase and track medical devices, UDIs will offer a range of benefits, including increased cash flow, simplified supply chain management, reduced labor costs, efficient payment and reporting processes and enhanced inventory management.
Join us for a unique opportunity to glean insight from the FDA, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) and The Pew Charitable Trusts on:
- The impetus for the UDI rule, UDI basics and the UDI-FDA Medical Device Safety Action Plan
- History of including UDIs into certified electronic health records (EHRs) and into the Common Clinical Data Set (CCDS)
- How the ONC and CMS regulations require providers to maintain data about a patient’s implantable devices in their EHRs
- Background information and status of UDI in claims and the ANSI X12 process and timeline
- Terrie L. Reed, M.S., Industrial Engineering, FDA Senior Advisor for UDI Adoption
- Steven Posnack, M.S., M.H.S., Director, ONC’s Office of Standards and Technology
- Ben Moscovitch, Manager, Health Information Technology, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Meryl Bloomrosen, MBI, MBA, Senior Director, Federal Affairs, Premier
- Carl Gomberg, Lead Solutions Analyst, Premier; Chair, Healthcare Supply Chain Association (HSCA) Committee for Healthcare eStandards (CHeS)
This webinar will be recorded and available after it airs on www.premierinc.com/events.