Coronavirus continues to dominate our news feeds and yours. This morning, Premier issued results from a member survey of senior living facilities to ascertain their supply inventories.
What we’re saying: According to our survey, more than two-thirds of senior living facilities say they can’t access the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for COVID-19 containment plans – a major issue, as people over 60 are some of the most vulnerable to the virus. With healthcare worker and patient safety at stake, we’re pushing for federal action to ensure facilities can comply with local PPE mandates (like this one in New York) and avoid turning to the gray market for counterfeit goods. Happy to chat further about these results as well as the guidance we’re giving to providers throughout COVID-19.
ALL THE LATEST
With coronavirus guidance and details evolving rapidly, we’re trying to make it easy for providers and front-line clinicians to stay up to date.
What we’re saying: Here are just a few ways we’re getting the word out day to day, and you can hop in on the action:
- Premier is hosting a live webinar Wednesday, March 18, at 2 pm ET for clinicians and infection preventionists to get the latest information, discuss the most updated guidelines and ask experts questions during a live Q&A. You’re invited, too, and can register here.
- We’ve added a weekly call for healthcare providers and industry stakeholders to get the latest on Wednesdays at 1 pm ET at 866.996.5269. Register for this week’s call here.
- We continue to house the most up-to-date scientific documents, resources and tools needed to manage coronavirus cases through our public-facing Premier Safety Institute.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Premier Inc. Survey: More Than Two-Thirds of Senior Living Facilities Say They Can’t Access Personal Protective Equipment Needed for COVID-19 Containment Plans
- Guidelines We’re Recommending to Hospitals and Medical Practices during COVID-19
- Buyer Beware: Scammers May Be Trafficking Counterfeit or Faulty Products during COVID-19
- U.S. Virus Response Marred by Overconfidence and Delays
- Statement on the Preserving Patient Access to Home Infusion Act
- Premier Provides Supply Chain Recommendations to Administration’s COVID-19 Supply Chain Task Force
- Vice President Pence Meets with Hospital Executives to Talk Challenges as Coronavirus Spreads
- Statement on Presidential Executive Order Making General Use Respirators Available
- In the Face of Coronavirus, a Reliable Healthcare Marketplace
What We’re Watching is a bi-weekly blog focused on the current events Premier is following and their relevance to the work of Premier and its members. Check out our last update!