On April 24, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued its calendar year (FY) 2019 Medicare inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) proposed rule. Watch this recording to learn about the new payment and quality policies hospitals will face under the proposed rule.
Topics of discussion include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and capital payment rate updates
- Medicare disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments
- Updates to the VBP, Readmission & Hospital-Acquired Condition reduction programs
- Inpatient Quality Reporting changes
- Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Long-term care hospital payment and quality changes
- PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting Program
- Request for Information on Interoperability and Price Transparency
- Aisha Pittman, M.P.H., Senior director policy and analysis, Premier, Inc.
- Kellie Webb, M.B.A., Director, payment policy and analysis, Premier, Inc.
- Meryl Bloomrosen, M.B.A., MBI, Senior director, federal affairs, Premier, Inc.