As the market continues to shift toward value-based care, health systems are being called to adapt. Quality improvement and cost savings are more crucial than ever. One way for organizations to reach their goals in this risk-based environment is to examine their pharmacy operations. Premier® has developed an end-to-end pharmacy management strategy for its members that is generating an estimated reported savings between 8-10 percent. Premier’s recommended enterprise pharmacy strategy consists of seven key areas for improvement:
- Addressing drug shortages: Partner with a reliable provider.
- Clinical and quality performance: Reduce clinical variation across all care settings.
- Resource optimization: Decrease costs while improving care through specialty pharmacy and PBM programs.
- Contract negotiation: Take advantage of the purchasing power of the Premier alliance of over 4,000 member hospitals and health systems.
- Surveillance solutions: Incorporate Premier’s surveillance tools and stewardship programs for real-time analytics to increase safety and improve outcomes.
- Data-driven pharmacy insights: Access the largest comparative database in the country to improve patient care and better utilize resources.
- Revenue generation: Identify opportunities to increase income and impact the bottom line, with strategic implementation by care site.
To read more about how Premier has helped organizations advance their pharmacy operations, download our white paper, How to Reduce Costs with Integrated Pharmacy.