Premier called on Congress to provide additional federal support and enact policies during the “lame duck” session of Congress that will advance hospitals’ and other providers’ critical work to protect the public’s health. The ability of health systems and other providers to continue to care for those COVID-19 patients, protect against the spread of the virus and safely manage routine care hinges on continued federal action, now more than ever.
In a letter to House and Senate leaders, Premier implored Congress to pass legislation to:
- Ensure the financial viability of front-line healthcare providers;
- Ensure continued movement to value-based care;
- Modernize our public health data infrastructure;
- Build a more transparent and resilient supply chain for medical products and PPE to reduce overseas reliance on critical goods;
- Avoid a surprise medical billing solution that mandates use of a calculated percentage of an in-network, fee-for-service rate, undermining the movement to value; and
- Expand access to home infusion services.
About Premier, Inc.
Premier, Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of more than 4,100 U.S. hospitals and health systems and approximately 200,000 other providers and organizations to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and consulting and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. Please visit Premier’s news and investor sites on www.premierinc.com; as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Premier’s blog for more information about the company.