In response to a call to action from Reps. Fred Upton (R-MI) and Diana DeGette (D-CO), Premier offered evidence-based policy recommendations to help Congress develop the next generation of the 21st Century Cures Act. With “Cures 2.0,” Premier urged the lawmakers to include policies to:
- Ensure health IT innovation and a competitive marketplace;
- Increase provider and clinician data availability, access and use;
- Expand efforts on patient matching and unique patient identifiers;
- Accelerate and enhance standards development, adoption and implementation;
- Advance interoperability across the care continuum;
- Incorporate real-world evidence; and
- Ensure access to quality home infusion services.
About Premier, Inc.
Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) is a leading healthcare improvement company, uniting an alliance of more than 4,000 U.S. hospitals and health systems and approximately 175,000 other providers and organizations to transform healthcare. With integrated data and analytics, collaboratives, supply chain solutions, and consulting and other services, Premier enables better care and outcomes at a lower cost. Premier plays a critical role in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, collaborating with members to co-develop long-term innovations that reinvent and improve the way care is delivered to patients nationwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier is passionate about transforming American healthcare. Please visit Premier’s news and investor sites on www.premierinc.com; as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and Premier’s blog for more information about the company.