PremierConnect® Enterprise combines cloud-based data warehousing, trusted information, collaborative development and access to expertise to enable information-driven health systems
For Immediate Release
Premier, Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) has introduced an enterprise-wide analytics solution enabling hospitals and health systems to easily access, integrate and interpret their data, any way they want to.
Designed in collaboration with Premier member health systems, PremierConnect Enterprise allows providers to focus on using information to improve patient care, instead of managing data and infrastructure.
“Few of us can actually pool the information we receive from across our hospitals, non-acute sites, payers and other entities into one place, and quickly make it mean something,” said Becky Sykes, senior vice president of resource management and CIO at Catholic Health Partners (CHP) of Cincinnati, which uses PremierConnect Enterprise. “PremierConnect Enterprise is helping us become more information-driven to successfully confront current and future challenges.”
Fully managed by Premier, PremierConnect Enterprise extends Premier’s integrated technology platform, PremierConnect, to include:
- A cloud-based data warehouse and business intelligence platform integrating big data from disparate systems. The warehouse is vendor and payer agnostic, and enterprise-class to support rapidly changing operating models.
- Acquisition, standardization, and integration of population health, claims and other data from electronic health records, insurance databases, supply chain systems and other sources to give providers trusted, analysis-ready information.
- Enterprise insights – operational and population health solutions powered by integrated data to help providers transition to value-based care models, including accountable care organizations (ACOs).
- Transformation services with dedicated Premier developers, analysts and other experts that help providers build advanced analytics solutions and establish the operational and technical agility needed to respond to change.
- Membership in the Data Alliance Collaborative to develop and share knowledge and assets that accelerate information-driven healthcare.
Along with CHP, Fairview Health Services (Minneapolis) has deployed PremierConnect Enterprise, and Baystate Health (Springfield, MA) has begun its deployment.
The three health systems are also members of the Data Alliance Collaborative, along with Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, N.C.), Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, Va.), Texas Health Resources (Arlington, Texas), IBM and Premier. DAC provider members consist of 110 hospitals and 1,900 non-acute sites caring for about 29 million people.
“Premier’s enterprise-wide solution allows providers to co-develop, share and use analytics within a single platform,” said Keith J. Figlioli, Premier senior vice president of healthcare informatics and a member of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT Standards Committee. “This type of collaboration and access to expertise is key to improving patient satisfaction and population health while reducing costs.”
PremierConnect Enterprise members are already building the capabilities needed to better care for populations and improve operational performance, including:
- An all-cause predictive readmissions model
- An ambulatory physician performance reporting solution
- Leading indicators for the financial management of at-risk populations
- A health equity/community needs assessment model
More than half of the nation’s hospitals use PremierConnect, which combines patient data on 1 in 4 U.S. hospital discharges, evidence-based best practices from 2.5 million daily clinical transactions, and $40 billion in annual provider purchases. It is powered by IBM software and hardware, including the industry-leading healthcare provider data model, jointly developed with Premier.
Last November, Premier was designated as an early leader in the category of breadth of portfolio for population health management in the KLAS Research report Population Health Management 2013: Scouting the PHM Roster, November 2013. Since 2010, Premier has been named to the InformationWeek 500, a list of the top technology innovators in the nation.