Innovation Celebration showcases products and startup companies aimed at advancing care delivery
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (June 28, 2017) — Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC), a leading healthcare improvement company, showcased 17 cutting-edge healthcare products and groundbreaking startup companies last night at its annual Innovation Celebration.
Honoring industry-leading healthcare advancements and supplier commitment to innovation, the Innovation Celebration featured next-generation healthcare products to support critical medical needs, including diabetes retinal screening, wound care management, stroke prevention and detection of bladder cancer. In addition, a new segment of the event was devoted to honoring entrepreneurial companies that are designing innovative strategies to accelerate change in the healthcare industry.
“The Innovation Celebration helps to fuel the pace of change in healthcare by bringing together forward-thinking innovators with industry-leading experts nationwide,” said Michael J. Alkire, chief operating officer of Premier. “This event honors visionary disruptors that have created breakthrough medical inventions to improve care quality while reducing total costs. We’re thrilled to provide a platform that exposes these new solutions that accelerate healthcare transformation and achieve our shared goal of improving the health of communities.”
The Innovation Celebration took place during Premier’s 2017 Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition, a week-long event that brings together more than 4,000 representatives from hospitals and health systems, suppliers and other healthcare organizations to share best practices and proven methods to improve quality while safely reducing costs.
2017 Innovation Celebration participants and innovations
- 3M™ Corporation: Cavilon™ Advanced Skin Protectant
- Abbott/St Jude Medical: AMPLATZER™ PFO Occluder
- Carestream Health, Inc.: CARESTREAM OnSight 3D Extremity System
- CarePICS: CarePICS® Remote Clinical Imagery System
- Grifols Diagnostic Solutions: Helios IFA Processor
- Instrumentation Laboratory (Werfen USA, LLC): HemosIL®HIT-Ab(PF4-H)
- Invuity Inc.: PhotonBlade™
- Hill Rom: Welch Allyn RetinaVue 100 Imager
- KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc.: Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview (BLCC)
- Medtronic: Micra™ Transcatheter Pacing System
- Olympus: Contained Tissue Extraction System
- ReavillMED, LLC: Magnificent 7 With Quick Draw
- Scientific Analytics: DARI Motion Health
- Siemens Healthineers: DirectDensity™
- Stryker: TruRize
2017 Innovation Celebration startups
- CareLinx: Matches families to trusted caregivers based on a patient’s needs.
- MediBookr: Brings price transparency to healthcare marketplace, allowing employees of large partner employers to compare and contrasts prices for medical imaging vendors.
Since its inception in 2009, the Innovation Celebration has been one of the few ways for Premier to introduce new products to its members and encourage their use. All innovations were selected based on their uniqueness, ability to have an impact on unmet medical needs and potential to improve patient care. Products, devices and startups are selected by a group of dedicated volunteers from Premier’s member committees.
Any supplier, regardless of whether the company is contracted with Premier, can be considered for participation in the Innovation Celebration. Premier contracts with approximately 1,200 suppliers.
For more detailed information, including a videos of the products featured, visit http://breakthroughs.premierinc.com/innovation-celebration-2017/.