Healthcare professionals information, 2011-2012
CDC's main influenza website for professionals provides general information with links to vaccination, infection control, antivirals, clinical description, lab diagnosis, patient and provider education, training, surveillance, background, flu vaccine bulletins, and other resources. The U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services (HHS) also maintains a website www.flu.gov with current flu information and resources. A recent update encourages healthcare worker vaccination.
- CDC-ACIP Recommendations, Influenza Vaccination of Health-Care Personnel or
- Download CDC-ACIP Recommendations, 2010-2011 season. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Influenza Vaccine Recommendations,2010. The August 6, 2010/59(rr08); 1-62 should continue to be referenced for other information on influenza vaccines
- Seasonal Influenza information for health professionals
- Flu Vaccine effectiveness: questions and answers for health professionals CDC
- Comparison of LAIV with inactivated influenza vaccine 2010-2011
- Influenza resources from National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID)
Prevention Strategies for Seasonal Influenza in Healthcare Settings
Or go to: Infection Control Guidance for the Prevention and Control of Influenza 2010-11
Premier maintains a list of contracted suppliers that have personal protective attire (gloves, gowns and masks) used for the care of influenza patients. See Environmental & safety products and contracted suppliers for a file including contract details for members with access to Premier's Supply Chain Advisor catalog.
- Influenza Podcasts (Search on "Influenza")
- Gallery of educational materials
- Influenza season resources for health care professionals
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System
- 2011-2012 Antiviral Agents for Influenza: Side Effects and Adverse Reactions 2010-2011 - CDC,