Premier operates a group purchasing organization that is a first choice for not-for-profit hospitals and other facilities seeking high-value contract opportunities and choice for a broad array of products and services.
Our ability to drive savings to our members and market share growth to our contracted suppliers has made us one of the nation’s largest group purchasing organizations.
Our focus, scale and reach are the key things that set us apart from other GPOs. We are defined by our drive to push boundaries and our passion for helping our members succeed.
Our members turn to us for our unparalleled data and our expertise in helping them solve their most pressing problems. And now, with the complex demands of reform and the ever growing need to create efficiencies and find savings, we are more aligned with our members than ever.
That’s why so many suppliers choose to work with us and understand the value that can be delivered through our alliance. We work closely with our members to help them successfully navigate everything from the challenges of regulatory overhaul to the transformation of payment and delivery models to the increasing demand for evidence-based care.
Join us and you’ll have a prime opportunity to be a part of our mission to help our members improve the health of their communities. Our members need to lower their costs while improving the quality and safety of the care they deliver, and as a valued supplier, you’ll play a key role in that effort.
Contracted suppliers benefit from the sterling reputation, the key relationships and the powerful resources we offer.
- 2006 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
- More than $48 billion in group purchasing volume
- Recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for 10 consecutive years
- One of the strongest Codes of Conduct in the industry
- One of the only companies to be distinguished as a Champion for Change for environmental excellence from Practice Greenhealth for 12 consecutive years
- Ongoing collaborations with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and other public and private entities
- Approximately 3,750 U.S. hospitals united to rapidly improve the quality, safety and affordability of care
- One of the largest shares of the non-acute market with more than 130,000 other provider organizations
- Best practice insights gained from working with other suppliers
- Collaborative portal application underway with GHX to move toward a universal industry solution for synchronizing contract data
Resources for you
- Field force compensated for driving savings and contract uptake volume
- Targeted communications to our members to make them aware of contract opportunities and drive uptake
- A service center that delivers timely responses to questions and solves price activation issues
- Contract manager/director who serves as your liaison throughout the life of your Premier agreement
- Supplier relations team dedicated to supplier advocacy, providing counsel, guiding sales strategy and resolving issues
- Supplier marketing program to effectively target your communications to our members and field staff
- Field specialists who advise Premier’s region directors and members on clinical and technical supply contracts
- Continuum of Care region directors who serve as liaisons between Premier and the member sponsors that specialize in non-acute programs
- Tele-region-director team who calls on both acute care and continuum of care/affiliate members to reinforce the opportunities available to them through Premier contracts