As much as 8% of total payments made to hospitals will be tied to quality improvements under health reform. Removing waste from your healthcare system is essential to prepare for reimbursement cuts.
You know how to deliver care, but with value-based purchasing, the stakes are higher. Did you know:
- Two-thirds of all U.S. hospitals will be penalized for excessive readmissions?
- You can be penalized 3 times for the same mistake?
- Your responsibility for a patient will soon span from 3 days prior to admission through 30 days after discharge?
We can help you prepare for value-based purchasing and better coordinate your care. We’ll help you find ways to reduce waste across your enterprise by streamlining processes and providing tools to reduce unjustified variation throughout your system. Plus, Premier effectively integrates labor productivity, supply chain data, quality outcomes and resource utilization to provide actionable opportunities to improve operations and reduce cost.
Using one of the most comprehensive clinical, financial and operational databases in the country and supported by Premier’s applications, Premier experts have the integrated expertise to eliminate waste from your system by focusing on:
- Practice variation
- Clinical outcomes (mortality, readmissions, length of stay)
- Evidence-based care
- Labor/non-labor process and efficiency
- Appropriate discharge planning
- Value analysis
Premier’s unique, member-only waste report uses your hospital’s actual data to reveal areas of potential waste. The dashboard points out supply chain, labor and operational costs among other cost-cutting measures to streamline processes and ultimately reduce waste.
Premier Performance Partners start with a strategic assessment, build a customized action plan, and combine those with the power of data using Premier apps to sustain your improvements over the long term.
Resource utilization resources
Resource utilization press resources
- Read the complications press release