Our medical liability system has a tremendous impact on the cost and availability of medical care. Efforts are underway to reform the system and to support demonstration projects as alternatives to today’s costly and largely ineffective medical liability litigation environment. Read Premier’s policy paper on medical liability.
Legislation and regulations
- Premier Nexus: Congress Can Fix Our Medical Liability System (H.R. 1215)
- Premier calls on Congress to pass the Protecting Access to Care Act (H.R. 1215)
- Coalition letter in support of H.R. 1704, the Accessible Care by Curbing Excessive lawSuitS (ACCESS) Act
- S. 2196, the Good Samaritan Health Professionals Act of 2014 (4/14)
- H.R. 1733, the Good Samaritan Health Professionals Act of 2013 (6/13)
- Congressional Budget Office cost estimate of H.R. 5 (3/11)