BPCI Advanced is HERE! Don’t delay and act now.
Please contact us to learn more about how Premier can help you get started in BPCI Advanced today.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced significant updates to the value-based care model under the BPCI program. With the deadline to participate quickly approaching, you have a short timeframe to make a decision. Bundled payment models can be a powerful means to increase revenue, manage costs and improve reimbursements, as well as achieve highly reliable care.
Recordings of a recent Premier Advisor Live® webinar, as well as an additional on-demand webinar, “BPCI Advanced: What You Need to Know and How to Get Started,” are now available for viewing:
Watch these on-demand webinars to learn the key strategies your organization should consider to stay ahead of the changes and enable success.
What you need to do by March 12, 2018:
- Quantify your opportunities. Request a Premier BPCI Advanced Episode Opportunity Analysis (EOA) by contacting our experts today. We will then conduct a calls with your team to help you evaluate your opportunity.
- Submit your application. There is no obligation to apply. By doing so you be able to assess your opportunity. Premier has years of experience helping providers improve their revenue and margins by applying to CMS bundled payment programs. Ask us how we help you apply. CMS Application: https://innovation.cms.gov/Files/x/bpciadvanced-application.pdf
- Get in Wave 1. Beat the competition! If you don’t get in, other providers could commoditize your organization and the market get ahead start. The next opportunity to get in is not until January 2020.
Why you need to participate:
- Increase revenue and margins through bundled payments.
- Glean insights from the data with no obligation to CMS. Expect data by May 2018.
- BPCI Advanced will support participation as an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (AAPM), earning a 5% bonus.
- Premier has led the way with hundreds of hospitals and physician groups to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
To learn more about how Premier can support you in BPCI Advanced, please contact:
- Chris Murphy, Principal, Bundled Payment Services, Premier Inc.
- Kathryn Hayes-Hallowell, Director, Bundled Payment Services, Premier Inc.
“We believe this service has been extremely valuable to our organization. We would not recommend any organization enter a bundled payment arrangement without having Premier as a support service. Thank you for your continued support and patience with navigating our complex organization.” – SSM Health
“Being part of the Bundled Payment Collaborative has really made a difference for us. Their robust analytics platform is outstanding, and we rely on their open access to support, subject matter experts, and services to help us accelerate improvement at a much faster rate than we could do on our own. The Premier team has also done an excellent job in helping us to educate our physician and administrative leads for each of our six bundles.” – Kaleida Health, NY
Do you need help within the complex world of bundled payments? Is your organization looking to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Redesign care, especially across the continuum
- Engage with physicians and other providers
- Reducing Medicare penalties
- Increasing reimbursement
- Reduce the cost of an episode of care
Premier’s Bundled Payment Collaborative is one of the largest collaboratives of healthcare provider systems in the U.S. focused on episode-based care. Our bundled payment support, experience, and expertise will provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to successfully implement bundled payments and redesign care delivery.
In fact, as of January 2016, CMS estimates that roughly $117 billion out of a projected $380 billion Medicare fee-for-service payments are tied to alternative payment models such as bundled payments.
- Upfront and ongoing analysis of your Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B claims data
- Insights into episode cost reduction opportunities by MS-DRG and sub categories such as fracture status
- An in-depth Bundled Payment Intelligence Platform exclusively built with bundles in mind for managing your bundled payment program
- Gainsharing support and services and an optional Gainsharing Analytics Platform for calculation of gainsharing amounts
- Cross collaborative benchmarking and data
- Post-acute provider analysis, cross continuum considerations and optional post-acute network strategies and
- Thought leadership and best practices from other collaborative members
Through research and insights from over the hundreds of providers we have worked with over the years, our Bundled Payment Services focuses on prioritizing initiatives and supporting healthcare systems across the county to effectively reduce costs and improve care in the following bundled payment programs you are, or may be considering, becoming engaged in:
- CMS Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Initiative (BPCI)
- CMS Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR)
- CMS Oncology Care Model (OCM)
- CMS Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Advanced (BPCI Advanced)
Through our strong relationships with CMS and insights from our clinical, financial and operational databases, containing approximately 40% of U.S. hospital discharges and more than $48 billion in annual purchasing data, you’ll have the power to improve patient care, engage physicians in effective partnerships, avoid Medicare penalties and better manage reimbursement cuts.
- Understanding the CMS EPM Cancellation and CJR Changes Proposed Rule
- HFMA Trendsetter Feature – Tackling Bundled Payments
For questions about the Bundled Payment Collaborative, please contact:
Vice president, innovative solutions
Principal, business development