“Being part of the Bundled Payment Collaborative has really made a difference for us. Their robust analytics platform is outstanding, and we rely on their open access to support, subject matter experts, and services to help us accelerate improvement at a much faster rate than we could do on our own. The Premier team has also done an excellent job in helping us to educate our physician and administrative leads for each of our six bundles.” – Kaleida Health, NY
Do you need help within the complex world of bundled payments? Is your organization looking to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Redesign care, especially across the continuum
- Engage with physicians and other providers
- Reducing Medicare penalties
- Increasing reimbursement
- Reduce the cost of an episode of care
Premier’s Bundled Payment Collaborative is one of the largest collaboratives of healthcare provider systems in the U.S. focused on episode-based care. Our bundled payment support, experience, and expertise will provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to successfully implement bundled payments and redesign care delivery.
In fact, as of January 2016, CMS estimates that roughly $117 billion out of a projected $380 billion Medicare fee-for-service payments are tied to alternative payment models such as bundled payments.
- Upfront and ongoing analysis of your Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B claims data
- Insights into episode cost reduction opportunities by MS-DRG and sub categories such as fracture status
- An in-depth Bundled Payment Intelligence Platform exclusively built with bundles in mind for managing your bundled payment program
- Gainsharing support and services and an optional Gainsharing Analytics Platform for calculation of gainsharing amounts
- Cross collaborative benchmarking and data,
- Post-acute provider analysis, cross continuum considerations and optional post-acute network strategies and
- Thought leadership and best practices from other collaborative members
Through research and insights from over the hundreds of providers we have worked with over the years, our Bundled Payment Services focuses on prioritizing initiatives and supporting healthcare systems across the county to effectively reduce costs and improve care in and of the following bundled payment programs you are engaged in:
- CMS Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Initiative (BPCI);
- CMS Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR);
- CMS Oncology Care Model (OCM); and
- CMS Episode Payment Models (EPMs) which now include mandatory cardiac episodes.
Through our strong relationships with CMS and insights from our clinical, financial and operational databases, containing approximately 40% of U.S. hospital discharges and more than $48 billion in annual purchasing data, you’ll have the power to improve patient care, engage physicians in effective partnerships, avoid Medicare penalties and better manage reimbursement cuts.
For questions about the Bundled Payment Collaborative, please contact:
Vice president, innovative solutions
Principal, business development