Through Partnership for Patients, established by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, we work with 450 of the nation’s finest hospitals and health systems to decrease preventable hospital-acquired conditions and readmissions.
Our hospital engagement network (HEN) works at the regional, state, national or hospital system level to provide:
- Training and education programs include onsite hospital visits
- Technical support to achieve quality measurement goals
- Online database of safety tools and resources
- National and regional best practice sharing forums
- Data benchmarking and tracking to measure quality improvement goals
By identifying the solutions already working to reduce healthcare-acquired conditions and readmissions, our HEN spreads these best practices and resources to other hospitals and healthcare providers.
We put our expertise to use in the following core patient safety areas to reduce costs and save lives:
- Adverse drug events
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections
- Central line associated blood stream infections
- Injuries from falls and immobility
- Obstetrical adverse events
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical site infections
- Venous thromboembolism
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia
Partnership for Patients resources
- Visit the Premier Safety Institute for additional resources and tools for harm reduction
- Learn how our QUEST® collaborative has avoided approximately 160,000 deaths and saved $13.2 billion since its inception in 2008
*The above video is historical and was published January 25, 2013.