With CMS’ value-based purchasing program, you’ll be reimbursed based on the quality of care, not just the quantity of services you provide to patients. It’s important to eliminate errors resulting in patient harm, improve patient outcomes and enhance patient experience.
You want to become a top-performing organization but it’s become more important than ever to:
- Avoid Medicare cuts and earn bonus payments from the value-based purchasing program
- Avoid Medicare payment penalties for higher than expected readmission rate
- Prevent being fined for high rates of hospital-acquired conditions
- Better manage Medicare reimbursement cuts
- Understand complex health information through healthcare informatics
Outstanding performance on quality and patient satisfaction, partnered with data will be the key to avoiding payment penalties. You need to work with top-performing organizations across the country to improve quality and reduce costs.
Premier can help
QUEST is one of the most comprehensive hospital collaboratives in the nation. Including approximately 350 members, QUEST has become one of the only initiatives to help healthcare organizations deliver the best possible care to each patient, every time. QUEST members have avoided approximately 160,000 hospital deaths and $13.2 billion since its inception in 2008.
Organizations in QUEST have committed to save lives, safely reduce the cost of care, deliver the most effective care, improve patient safety and increase patient satisfaction. In fact, QUEST is about more than succeeding under reform; it’s also about leading the transformation to high-quality, cost-effective healthcare.
QUEST uses healthcare informatics to provide the best patient care and drive performance in 7 domains:
- Appropriate hospital use
- Evidence-based care
- Cost and efficiency
- Patient and family engagement
- Community health
QUEST drives performance improvement by allowing members to:
- Participate in rapid performance improvement sprints
- Collaborate to define performance goals
- Use healthy competition to drive performance improvement
- Identify opportunities and best practices
- Make better decisions about how to improve care and reduce costs
- Adapt to healthcare reform
- Gain credibility with physicians and clinicians
Partnered with our QualityAdvisor™ app, you’ll be able to use medical informatics to your advantage. Using data, you can see your individual opportunity for improvement and compare your performance against hundreds of other hospitals, not just those in QUEST.
Ultimately, QUEST members are better prepared to deal with reform provisions. By joining the movement to transform healthcare, you can earn Medicare incentives, avoid Medicare penalties and better manage reimbursement cuts.
QUEST press event resources
*The above video is historical and was published June 6, 2013.