Hospitals recognized at the Premier healthcare alliance’s 2013 Breakthroughs Conference
For Immediate Release
Charlotte, N.C. (June 21, 2013)
The Premier healthcare alliance has recognized leading hospitals and health systems as winners of its 2013 Supply Chain Innovation and Excellence Awards for superior performance.
Fairview Health Services of Minneapolis and Henry Ford Health System of Detroit received the Supply Chain Innovation Award for driving new levels of performance and competitive advantage.
“Celebrating the successes of our member hospitals and health systems is an honor for Premier,” said Durral R. Gilbert, president of supply chain services for Premier, a provider-owned performance improvement alliance of 2,800 hospitals and 95,000 other care sites. “These providers are focused on delivering high-quality, cost-effective care to best meet the needs of the people they serve while creating value for the alliance as a whole. This recognition is well deserved.”
In addition, 29 organizations were honored with the Supply Chain Excellence Award, given to hospitals with advanced supply expense performance as measured by Premier’s SupplyFocus® solution. SupplyFocus is the industry’s largest comparative database of operational and supply chain cost information for acute care hospitals. Winners were identified using four industry standard supply expense ratios and a case-mix-index-based peer grouping methodology to ensure that organizations of diverse sizes and complexity were considered equally.
The awards were given on June 12 at Premier’s 2013 annual Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition in San Antonio.
2013 Supply Chain Excellence Award winners are:
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Milwaukee
- Bon Secours Community Hospital, Port Jervis, N.Y.
- Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, Va.
- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, Rocky Mount, Va.
- Carilion Giles Community Hospital, Christiansburg, Va.
- Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital, Christiansburg, Va.
- Central Valley General Hospital, Hanford, Calif.
- Daughters of Charity Health System, Los Altos Hills, Calif.
- Dr. Dan C. Trigg Memorial Hospital, Tucumcari, N.M.
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Suffern, N.Y.
- Hampshire Memorial Hospital, Romney, W.Va.
- Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
- Maryvale Hospital, Phoenix
- McLaren Macomb, Mount Clemens, Mich.
- McLaren Orthopedic Hospital, Lansing, Mich.
- Murphy Medical Center, Murphy, N.C.
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Ashlan, Ky.
- Presbyterian Espanola Hospital, Espanola, N.M.
- Presence Health, Mokena, Ill.
- Presence Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago
- Samaritan Medical Center, Watertown, N.Y.
- Socorro General Hospital, Socorro, N.M.
- St. Clare Hospital, Baraboo, Wisc.
- St. Francis Medical Center, Lynwood, Calif.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle, Azle, Texas
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The Methodist Hospitals, Inc. - Northlake Campus, Gary, Ind.
- University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, Ky.
About the Premier healthcare alliance, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
Premier is one of the nation’s largest performance improvement alliances of approximately 2,900 U.S. community hospitals and 100,000 alternate sites using the power of collaboration and technology to help lead the transformation to coordinated, high-quality, cost-effective care. Owned by healthcare providers, Premier operates a leading purchasing network and also maintains clinical, financial and outcomes databases based on 1 in every 4 U.S. hospital discharges. A leader in measurably improving patient care, Premier has one of the largest performance improvement collaboratives in America, including one in partnership with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier also has an office in Washington. https://www.premierinc.com.