Premier Statement on the Biden Plan to Rebuild the U.S. Supply Chain and Ensure the U.S. Does Not Face Future Shortages of Critical Equipment
By Blair Childs, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, Premier Inc.
Since the onset of the pandemic, the industry and nation have recognized the need to unfurl our fragmented approach to supply. Moving forward, our charge is to fortify the U.S. healthcare supply chain with collaboration, coordination and resiliency across federal, state and private entities.
Joe Biden’s supply chain aligns with several key elements of Premier’s recommendations to reinforce the supply chain. These include:
- Coordination between the public and private sector.
- Building broad-based resiliency into the supply chain through diversification and transparency.
- Creating a committed volume via federal purchasers to incentivize domestic manufacturing.
- Leveraging tax incentives to further incentivize on-shoring of manufacturing.
- Expanding strategic stockpiles.
Premier looks forward to working with the Biden campaign to better understand and shape their policies as we collectively work toward strengthening the U.S. healthcare supply chain. We have a shared goal of ensuring healthcare providers, workers and patients have the supplies and drugs they need to assure safe and reliable care now and into the future.
Download the full statement below.